12/5/08

(From an ad on The Beijinger)

I'm looking for a language exchange partner on a popular posting site in Beijing, which is where I found this awkward image. I'm opting for this rather than a tutor, mostly because it's free. However, the majority of the respondents thus far are either too pushy, professional, or cutesy girls looking for boyfriends.

Teaching is going well, to a point. My classes are comprised of woefully mixed levels, especially in my 8th grade classes. I had a show-offish student ask me how to spell "ideology" today, this in a class that really can't form sentences. Again, levels are terribly uneven so you're forced to employ this sink or swim tactic. Maybe my mood is off because the weather's been teeth-gnashingly freezing.

Silvy and I went earlier this week to see Jens Lekman at MAO Live, a venue that is a brisk walk from our apartment. (We're central.) It was fun and everyone sang along.

No comments: